Michelle Slater is a business attorney with experience in complex commercial transactions, tax litigation and analysis, and renewable energy development and financing. As a Partner at Miller-Nash, Michelle worked with clients on a variety of complex transactions in a diverse collection of industries, including developers, power producers, and investors in renewable energy projects, on topics including biomass, geothermal, solar, wind, and ocean energy in the Pacific Northwest.
She advises on state and federal tax incentives, structuring and governance, and financing; negotiates all types of contracts, and assists with general business matters.
Because of the breadth of her experiences, Michelle is able to help clients handle the myriad of important details critical to the success of a project or transaction, while at the same time understanding the big picture and keeping the client's broader goals in focus.
Michelle has a direct style, communicates clearly, and delivers exceptional service, effectively and efficiently.
- Oregon Women Lawyers Association
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Energy Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Business Law Section
- Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources
- Forest Resources Committee
- Renewable and Distributed Energy Resources Committee
- Carbon and Energy Trading and Finance Committee
- Oregon State Bar
- Business Law Section
- Corporate Counsel Section
- Energy, Telecom and Utility Law Section
- Sustainable Future Section (Executive Committee, Newsletter Editor , 2010)
- Washington State Bar Association
Board of Directors, Portland Youth Philharmonic Association (2004-present )
- Corporate Secretary (2007-present )
- Chair, Development Committee (2006-2007)
- Program and Education Committee (2007-present )
- Lewis & Clark Law School Alumni Board of Directors (2004-2009)
- Chair, Distinguished Honors Committee (2006-2007)
Michelle enjoys camping, reading, and spending time with her family.
Michelle Slater Law LLC
1631 NE Broadway #606
Portland, OR 97232
- Business advice, strategy and management
- Complex transactions
- Bankruptcy | Workouts | Trusts | Tax
- Energy & Sustainability
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- International Business
- Lewis & Clark Law School (formerly Northwestern School of Law), J.D.,
- Federal tax certificate
- Vassar College, B.A., English literature